Thursday, April 23, 2009

Midnight Thoughts

There's been very little in this blog; quite a change from the last one.

In my Chile blogging life, I wrote every two to three days. I'd like to replicate that pattern in this blog, eventually. At the moment it doesn't seem possible. Possibly because I'm quite fulfilled with my writing, and possibly because after 3 months everything is still quite new.

Living in the moment is the most over-played philosophical concept of my generation. We want to 'live the dream,' we want to 'be here now,' we want to 'just breathe.' The fact that we harp on it so much seems a clear indication that we have trouble finding it.

From a mirror perspective, the realization that you are in fact living that way occurs slowly, through signs. The 11 voicemails on my phone, at least half of which I heard ring but didn't bother to answer because I was otherwise occupied - maybe with nothing. The TV shows, movies and music that I've missed out on for years on end. The need to remind myself that this life is new to me in order to appreciate what it is.

The fact that this is an insubstantial, sub-rate blog entry, but I'm posting it anyway.

2 comments:

  1. It's still nice to have you pop in every once and a while and tell us what you're up to :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Living in the moment is the most over-played philosophical concept of my generation. We want to 'live the dream,' we want to 'be here now,' we want to 'just breathe.' The fact that we harp on it so much seems a clear indication that we have trouble finding it."

    Love it. You could have posted just that!

    besos besos besos

    ReplyDelete